Friday, June 17, 2011

Here We Go

I recently bought a smoker, the Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5" version. This blog will document my adventures in smoking different kinds of meat. The blog is really for two reasons; first, everything that I have read indicates that the chef needs to keep notes of each smoking session so that s/he is able to review the things that went well, what worked, what didn't, etc. This seemed like a fairly logical place to keep those notes. Second, I have had people ask me to post notes, pictures, etc. of the smoking as I try to perfect my craft.

So, there you have it. I have already used the smoker once, and will be posting notes, pictures from that first smoke soon.

While I in no way claim to be an expert, it is my hope that as time goes on, I will get better. Who knows? I may even end up doing a competition some day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment